J. Enrique Roman LCSW
Personal mission statement: I am creating a world of hope and courage by listening to understand; daring to speak my truth, and by holding space for others to do the same.
I am a licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in private practice since 2012
Is it possible to change? Yes, it is! Change is unavoidable.
What changes have you notice lately in yourself?
Since the moment we are born we are changing, our bodies change, our thinking changes, our feelings change. We are constantly changing and asking: “Why”?
- Why is the sky blue?
- Why are we here?
- Why do people change religious beliefs? Or change political affiliations?
- Why do some people use domestic violence? and others don’t?
- Why do some people struggle with worry, anxiety and depression despite wealth and education, while others thrive despite deprivation of resources?
I am often researching spirituality, religions of the world, outdoor activities, creativity, psychology, how the mind works, and how to use it more effectible.
I am really passionate about how people change, and how to help people return to mental health and well-being
What are you curious about?
How do we change? We change as a result of seeing more than what we saw before. We change our minds when we have a deeper understanding of the situation at hand. Once we understand there is no need to fear our experience;the coping mechanisms, or avoiding techniques are not necessary anymore.
My desire to understand relationships (specially the relationship between thoughts, feelings and behaviors); led me to pursue graduate and post-graduate work, and I continue to explore the dynamics of men’s work, and our role in the family, and society at large.
- 2012 to present: Private practice, groups, individual, couples, and family therapy.
- 2009 -2011, I provided psychotherapy to individuals and families under the supervision of Doctor Simon Yisrael Feuerman (New Center for Advanced Psychotherapy Studies (Ncaps) 200b Main Avenue Suite B- Passaic Park, NJ 07055.
- 2008 -2009 (Intern) Family Service Bureau, Kearny, NJ. Provided short-term psychotherapy in adult psychiatric-care, conducting intakes, assessments, psychosocial evaluations, and assessments for terminating cases. Adult’s 8 weeks Anger Management group facilitator.
- 2007 – 2008 (Intern) Family Service Bureau, Newark, NJ. Provided long and short –term psychotherapy for adults, adolescents, couples and families dealing with anxiety, and the struggles relating to daily stressors of life. Teenager 12 weeks anger management and conflict resolution group facilitator.
- 2001-2007 Life Coaching assisting individuals reach their goals by reclaiming their voices through the process of Identifying and integrating all parts of self. Helping individuals to identify and examine blocks, and develop realistic action plans to change any distorted perceptions of self.
- Men’s group facilitator.
- Protocols writer, and presenter of experiential men’s weekend seminars.